+64 21 224 6201
Alec holds over 35 years of extensive experience in the property development and construction sectors internationally, working across significant development schemes for both private and public sector clients in the UK, South East Asia and New Zealand.
During his time in the United Kingdom, Alec held a number of senior roles in world-renowned property development companies, leading him to work on significant projects, including Heathrow Airport’s headquarters building in London; the development of the Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Malaysia; the BBC’s new corporate headquarters campus in central London.
In 2004, Alec moved to New Zealand and spent a number of years in senior development roles with Kiwi Income Property Trust and AMP Capital Investors where he was employed as Development Director, leading some of the more notable developments in the country, before co-establishing Rebbeck Dunn in 2010, and Rebbeck Dunn Watters in 2012.
In managing and leading large and complex development projects Alec has been involved in the entire development life cycle including from the preparation of client briefs, feasibility studies and development appraisals to the drafting of development and lease agreements, negotiation of building contracts and construction supervision.
Up until April 2022, Alec was a co-owner and director of RDW which has become recognised as a leading service provider in the project management and building consultancy sector, winning a number of prestigious awards. Alec now works for the company on a consultancy basis.
Notable clients and projects
- BAA plc, Heathrow Airport Headquarters
- Whitecliff Properties (owned by Lend Lease Corporation and Blue Circle plc)
- Land Securities plc
- Development Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Malaysia
- BBC’s corporate headquarters campus, London
- Kiwi Property
- AMP Capital Investors
- Sylvia Park Shopping Centre
- Precinct Properties
- 5 Mile Retail Precinct, Queenstown
- Smales Farm / Vodafone
- Fidelity Life
- 5 Mile Retail Centre, Queenstown
- Land development and bulk retail advisory, Taupo
- Fidelity Life Head Office Fitout
- Mercury Energy Head Office Fitout
- Metlifecare masterplanning
- Consultancy advisor to Selwyn Foundation
- Bachelor’s degree in Estate Management
- Master’s degree in Construction Project Management from the University of Manchester
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Member of the Property Institute of New Zealand