As a primary asset class, property requires a professional and highly competent standard of consultancy services. RDW draws on a comprehensive range of technical innovation and professional skills to help you maximise value.
We help owners and investors achieve optimum asset performance throughout the life cycle of a building, from acquisition to disposal and all the steps in between. Whatever your objectives, we can help ensure your investment consistently performs at its best.
Our technical due diligence (TDD) reports, prepared by our senior Chartered Surveyors, enable clients to make fully informed decisions about acquisitions. Where required, we will involve other specialists (engineering, environmental etc). We also prioritise a fast turnaround, relaying all issues without delay. As Chartered Surveyors, we ensure absolute confidentiality and independence in line with the RICS code of ethics.
RDW’s track record includes inspecting most of the significant office towers in Auckland and Wellington, many of the largest industrial and bulk retail portfolios in New Zealand and several significant offshore properties.
RDW’s contract administration service provides a one-stop solution, reducing the need to employ several consultants on small to medium sized projects. As well as advising on the best form of contract for your project, we cover the following areas under a single appointment:
- Development of your project goals and requirements
- Production of design specifications and contract documents including all drawings, schedules etc.
- Tendering and procurement
- Preparing tender analysis documentation and making recommendations on how best to proceed
- Valuing and certifying works and administering practical completion
- Robustly monitoring contractor performance
- Ensuring your building project is completed on time and to budget
- Working in tandem with a range of other professional consultants, including M&E, structural and quantity surveyors.
We have successfully settled dozens of dilapidations claims on behalf of building owners and investors. Our expert service in preparing and negotiating dilapidations claims for landlords aims to achieve the most commercially-favourable settlement for each client.
Our bespoke package includes:
- General dilapidations strategy advice for landlords
- Preparation of interim and terminal dilapidations schedules
- Assessment and preparation of dilapidations liability reports
- Negotiations of financial settlements
- Monitoring tenant works on behalf of landlords.
Proactive maintenance planning for your assets helps manage costs and risks associated with material or component failures. We are experts in developing long-term maintenance plans that ensure your assets continue to perform optimally, protecting and maximising their value.
PCRs accurately record a property’s state of condition and repair at lease commencement, ensuring any future tenant reinstatement liabilities can be accurately assessed. They also record ownership of fixtures and fittings to avoid confusion at lease end. Now commonly included in lease documentation and recommended by Auckland District Law Society, PCRs are also undertaken prior to any significant redevelopment works, as they can demonstrate if any damage is incurred during the works.
RCAs provide accurate valuations of the cost of reinstating a property following an unforeseen event that results in total loss, such as fire or a natural disaster.
With New Zealand insurers taking a ‘total sum insured’ approach, it is vital to maintain accurate and up to date costs for the reinstatement of an asset, as remaining adequately insured is entirely the responsibility of owners. The RDW team is highly skilled in preparing accurate RCAs, which require accurate measurements of the entire site as well as a thorough understanding of construction methodology and current costs.
Our development monitoring service for owners and investors gives you full clarity over progress on site, flagging up any potential risks early. We work closely alongside project teams and contractors to best protect your interests throughout construction.
RDW’s in-house CAD engineers undertake detailed surveys of your premises and formulate accurate drawings. We use these to assist with space planning, to ensure that your business objectives are reflected with maximum efficiency on site.
Tenancy co-ordination is a vital component of an integrated development project and is a technical and specialised field. Our expert team is responsible for ensuring handover and trade dates are achieved by coordinating base build and services work, along with management of base building and fitout contractors.
- Issue of services drawings to the base building contractor for pricing and issue of quote to the tenant
- Obtain council paperwork from tenant
- Review tenant drawings
- Organise services installation
- Manage handover to shopfitter
- Ensure shopfitters are safety inducted and all insurance certificates and bonds are received
- Co-ordinate remaining services installation with shopfitter
- Collect relevant certificates and producer statements from shopfitter
- Quality assurance inspections and identification of any defects. s
- Aged Care
- Hotels & Leisure
- Large Scale Residential