Spark 5G Co-Lab
Wynyard Quarter, Auckland
- Project management of building services and new/existing partitioning reconfiguration ahead of Spark 5G Lab fitout
- Tight programme in order to design and deliver a space that achieved Spark’s fit out requirements. Essential to complete a design that did not require BCA assessment and processing.
- Constructing in a live office building environment; access, noise and dust.
- Delivering adhoc and one-off design solutions to achieve total project success – fitout and consumer experience.
- Avoiding the need for building consent, utilising construction consent exemption pathway.
- Identified and procured an experienced consultant and contracting team to operate collaboratively in order to achieve very tight project timeframes.
- Buildability assessment undertaken during design process proved invaluable in budget and programme constraints achieving a construction solution that reduced budget and eliminated the need for BCA approvals.
- The Co-Lab space is an extension of Spark’s interactive 5G Lab which Spark launched late last year with Emirates Team New Zealand. Another project RDW as involved with.
‘Spark appointed Rebbeck Dunn Watters (RDW) to provide Project Management expertise to support the delivery of multiple retail outlets throughout New Zealand.
The instructions were fast moving, at times complex and required a high level of commitment and drive to ensure success.
We were exceptionally pleased with the performance of the RDW team who went “the extra mile” to ensure on-time/cost completion with minimal disruption and retail downtime. Attention to detail in the retail environment is of paramount importance. RDW clearly understand the importance of detail leaving no stone unturned.
It is clear to us that RDW are highly dependable, professional and possess unrivalled technical skills. All aspects of the projects that RDW managed on behalf of Spark had a very successful outcome and we look forward to working with them again in the future.’