Quarry Reclamation Project
W. Smale Limited
- Development management
- Client representative
- Land use consenting through Auckland Council, on-going compliance and monitoring challenges; noise, dust and groundwater management.
- Reclamation design and procurement to minimise costs as much as possible; sourcing of materials to backfill quarry.
- RL of groundwater when pumping ceased. Requiring extensive hardfill placement.
- Importation of clean fill material from neighbouring properties. Council constraints in relation to material quality and extensive testing regime.
- Inclement weather affecting programme and cost for placement and stabilisation of clean fill.
- Rock breaking and crushing of basalt boulders became a significant cost saving benefit. Where material was able to be placed as hardfill.
- The sourcing of large volumes of clean fill from neighbouring properties provided significant cost savings.
- The site’s rehabilitation will enable the site to be re-purposed for future land and property development prospects.
- Masterplanning has commenced to realise future site development opportunities.