Large Scale Residential
Weathertightness Remediation Project, Retrospective Code of Compliance Certification
Metlifecare Bayswater Village (BAY)
Mount Maunganui, Bay of Plenty
- Project management
- Building consultancy
- Major weathertightness reclad project was undertaken when Council inspections were mis understandingly cancelled halfway through the construction phase.
- The weathertightness building surveyor overseeing the project was unable to assist with providing witness reports during construction.
- Council was unwilling to issue a Code of Compliance Certificate (CCC) without supporting documentation and witness reports.
- Construction contractor’s site foreman left during the construction phase.
- Extensive research and assessment of all accessible contractual, project, property consent related documentation conducted.
- Partner with contractor and Council weathertightness compliance team to agree a plan and methodology acceptable to Council in order to satisfy consent requirements; enabling a CCC to be issued two years post completion of construction.
- Isolated areas of invasive testing for Council inspections. Work undertaken over an extended period of time but completed at minimal cost.
- Work and inspections conducted over a six-month period to achieve CCC uplift from Council.
- Highly satisfied client when CCC was granted.