For occupiers or tenants, flexibility and minimising property costs are paramount. With our diverse range of skills and wealth of experience we can deal with property issues on your behalf and let you focus on your core business.
We can ensure a level playing field for building owners or developers and reduce your property related overheads. We can improve your working environment and reduce lease liabilities both at the outset of your term and also leading up to lease end.
Rebbeck Dunn Watters employs the very best specialists in the industry, being predominantly Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
Rebbeck Dunn Watters are experts in a wide array of property matters. This enables us to provide the very best advice for tenants to help identify and align strategic business, financial, and operational objectives with real estate requirements. This includes providing advice for acquisition, renewal, relocation, or consolidation.
Our tenant representation experts have many years’ experience in New Zealand and offshore and can always ensure a level playing field when liaising with property owners, brokers and other stakeholders.
Our areas of expertise in the field include:
- Lease negotiation management and strategy
- Transaction management and protection of interests
- Due diligence (purchase / lease or sale)
- Leadership of complex transactions (sale & lease back / portfolios)
- Co-ordination and leadership of development agreements
- Creating and negotiation of delivery programs
- Lease liability analysis (Dilapidations / Make good)
- Fit out integration analysis and negotiation
- Project management (refer to project management)
- Fit out cost advise and analysis
- Contract administration
- Space planning
- Fit out design
- Design management
- Relocation management
- Risk analysis and management
In any construction project, a detailed and accurate specification of works is essential to ensure that the finished works reflect what was envisaged at the design stage.
A construction specification details the works to be carried out, the materials to be used, the level of workmanship and the quality required.
The specification forms an important component of the Tender Documentation and is therefore important for ensuring accurate cost information is obtained.
Our Building Consultancy team has a great deal of experience in drawing up specification documentation and will be able to formulate accurate specification documentation to deliver your project requirements.
On small to medium sized projects, rather than employing a raft of separate consultants, appointing a Contract Administrator (Engineer to the Contract) to act as a one-stop service is usually simpler, more time efficient and less expensive.
Rebbeck Dunn Watters provide Contract Administration services for your projects and our Chartered Surveyors are able to advise on the selection and implementation of the most appropriate form of contract to suit the requirements of your project.
We have vast expertise in providing the following all under a single appointment:
- Development and understanding of the project aims and requirements of the client
- Production of design specifications, preparation of the contract documents, including all drawings, schedules etc
- Tendering and procurement to the open market
- Preparing tender analysis documentation making recommendations to the client on how best to proceed
- Valuing and certifying the works and administering the practical completion
- Robustly monitoring contractor performance
- Ensuring your building project is completed on time and to budget
- Working in tandem with a range of other professional consultants, including M&E, structural and quantity surveyors
We have considerable experience in representing Tenants in the assessment of their dilapidations or make good obligations under the terms of a lease and the subsequent negotiations with the Landlord.
Our services include:
- Dilapidations strategy advice
- Preparation of dilapidations liability reports
- Negotiations of financial settlement to achieve a favourable financial settlement for the Tenant
- Specification and management of the works in lieu of a financial settlement
In the past 5 years we have settled 50+ dilapidations cases on behalf of tenants and on average have created savings of 70% of the landlord’s initial claim.
Premises condition reports accurately record a property’s state of repair and condition at lease commencement.
By obtaining a benchmark of the current condition of a premises at lease commencement, it is possible to limit a Tenant’s future reinstatement liabilities at lease end. The PCR also records ownership of fixtures and fittings which helps avoid confusion at lease end. The implementation of PCR’s into Lease documentation is becoming common practice in New Zealand and is recommended by the Auckland District Law Society.
Rebbeck Dunn Watters often act in the role of Development Monitor acting for occupiers to report upon progress on site and to advise on potential risks to the our client.
In the role of Development Monitor, we work with project teams to represent and protect the interests of our client.
Our in house CAD Engineers can undertake accurate measured surveys of your premises and formulate accurate drawings utilizing Computer Aided Design.
We utilise these drawings to assist with your space planning to ensure that your business objectives are reflected on site in the most space efficient way.
- Hotels & Leisure
- Large Scale Residential
Hugh Rebbeck – Director
Phone 021 445 989
Peter Watters – Director
Phone 021 907 821